Between busy schedules and the stress of adult life, we could all use some quality R&R. Luckily, a staycation is the perfect way to reap the benefits of a full vacay without the steep price tag. Guided by your five senses, answer the questions ahead to discover ways to wind down in your locale this Summer — including what to pack for each one.
An Edible Excursion
Sit back and allow your taste buds to take control of this staycation. Your inner foodie will love exploring all of the sips and bites your local restaurants, bakeries, and food trucks have to offer. For true vacation vibes, look for spots that offer unique dishes and have outdoor seating so you can soak up the sun and the environment around you. Bonus: instead of traveling between locations by car or on foot, hop on a bike or a scooter and enjoy the scenery.
What to pack: The essentials here are simple! Come preapred with:
- An empty stomach
- A fully charged phone for snapping endless food ’grams
- A Hawaiian Tropic spray sunscreen that’ll keep your skin protected and hydrated
A Scenic Hiking Adventure
The great outdoors are calling! If you love to spend quality time with Mother Nature, a hiking excursion is the perfect mini getaway. All it takes is a quick online search to get acquainted with the closest state parks and hiking trails.
What to pack: Here, it’s all about keeping your body fueled and your skin protected. Stock your bag (we recommend a backpack for a hands-free option) with:
- Lots of water
- Energy-boosting snacks
- Sun protection in the form of a Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen mist. It’s easy to carry and will provide a refreshing boost to your skin during the latter half of your hike.
A Relaxing Day by the Water
Whether you live by a beach, a lake, or even a pool, find your nearest body of water and stay a while. You can alternate between laying out in the sun and splashing in the water to maximize your time. Or, if you just want to absorb the chill vibes, you can grab a good book and listen to the sounds of Summer.
What to pack:
- A swimsuit
- A cute towel
- A water-resistant, antioxidant-infused SPF lotion from Hawaiian Tropic. Be sure to pay close attention to the reapplication directions to ensure your skin stays protected all day.
A Restorative Self-Care Day
Use this staycation to check in with yourself and reboot in whatever ways are necessary. That could mean booking a massage to release tension in your muscles or a facial to get your complexion back on track. It could even be as simple as setting aside time to light a candle and journal or take a much-needed detox from social media.
What to pack: Because this staycation is totally custom to you, there are no rules for what to bring, but we recommend:
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Essential oils
- If time outdoors is involved — from lounging at a spa pool to posting up in the park — Hawaiian Tropic sun protection should be at the top of your list.
A Mindful Day in the Great Outdoors
If health or wellness is your middle name, this type of staycation is for you. There’s no specific itinerary; just devote your time to all things healthy, active, and mindful. Some of our favorite activities include doing an outdoor workout class or two (especially rooftop yoga, if you live in an urban locale), grabbing a smoothie bowl for lunch, and hitting up the farmers’ market to stock up on fresh produce.
What to pack: This staycation is taking you all over your town, so be sure to grab:
- Comfy sneakers
- A yoga mat
- Your favorite canvas tote
- Sun protection. Apply it before setting out on your adventure, including a hydrating face option from Hawaiian Tropic to protect your skin while you’re looking up toward the sun in cobra pose.
|A Princess Movie||15%|
|An Action-Packed Adventure||15%|
|A Superhero Showdown||15%|
|A Dreamy Musical||31%|
|An Animated Flick With a Powerful Lesson||8%|
|A Memorable Drama||15%|