Light, fluffy, delicious. That's the Havana Especial. I could go to Cuba and drink this the whole trip (who needs water, right?). The Havana Especial is a signature drink from El Floridita, the famous bar in La Habana that Ernest Hemingway used to frequent. Although the bar is famous for the daiquiris, the Havana Especial is that classic Cuban cocktail you have to try.
- 1 1/2 parts Havana Club Añejo Blanco
- 1 1/2 parts pineapple juice
- 1/2 part fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 part simple syrup
- Barspoon of Maraschino Liqueur
- Garnish with pineapple leaf and pineapple wedge
Method: Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a pineapple leaf.