Hot chocolate is a quintessential holiday drink, but sometimes we're craving something a bit more caffeinated to help us power through decorating our homes, wrapping gifts, and baking up a storm. Enter the perfect solution: Starbucks's hot cocoa cold brew. A new addition to the coffee chain's evergrowing secret menu, the beverage combines the coziness of a marshmallow-topped hot cocoa with the energy jolt of an iced coffee — and yes, it's just as sugary-sweet as you're likely imagining.
Seeing as this drink isn't on the official Starbucks menu, you can't exactly order a grande hot cocoa cold brew and expect your barista to know what you're talking about. Instead, follow the below recipe, which was created by Holly Walker of Totally the Bomb.
- Order a venti Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew with just two pumps of vanilla.
- Ask for four pumps of mocha sauce and one pump of toasted white mocha sauce.
- Request that chocolate powder and chocolate curls be sprinkled on top.
- Optional: get a swirl of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top for an added decadent touch.
- Thank your lovely barista endlessly for fielding such a complex order.
So far, the seasonal sip has garnered pretty rave reviews from those who've tried it. One TikToker wrote, "Just ordered this and it's the best decision I've made in ages." Meanwhile, an Instagram user described it as "absolutely delicious" and "the perfect pick-me-up." Welp, consider us convinced!