Very little in this world compares to the comfort I find in the crisp apple juice, warm cinnamon, and fluffed whipped cream from Starbucks's Caramel Apple Spice. It's one of my go-to fall beverages, and while I'd really, really like to be able to order one every single day, I can't, so I decided to make a copycat recipe at home! That way, the next time I'm craving my favorite spiced beverage, all I have to do is walk into my kitchen.
This recipe is actually quite simple, as it's basically just boiling water and mixing a few ingredients together. But if you're feeling particularly ambitious, you can up the ante by making your own whipped cream or caramel sauce. And the best part about this drink? There's no coffee, so if you're craving a warm and comforting drink to sip on late at night, this is perfect. Check out this copycat Caramel Apple Spice recipe ahead for an easy autumn treat.
This recipe demonstrates how to make one drink. However, it makes enough cinnamon syrup for 24, 8-ounce drinks.
This drink is also great cold, so just skip step three for a cool beverage.
- 3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 fluid ounces apple juice (any brand that's 100% juice with no added sugar will work best)
Whipped cream to top
- Combine water, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir lightly until dry ingredients dissolve. This creates a cinnamon simple syrup.
- Remove cinnamon simple syrup from heat and let cool.
- While syrup is cooling, warm eight fluid ounces of apple juice. You can do this in the microwave or on the stove in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once syrup is cool and apple juice is warmed, combine the apple juice with 1/2 tablespoon of the homemade cinnamon simple syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
- Put the leftover simple syrup in the refrigerator for future use. It will keep for one month.
- 1 Drink
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds