If you've been craving the "moist maker" sandwich ever since Ross professed his love for the epic Thanksgiving leftover meal on Friends, this recipe is guaranteed to become your new favorite post-Turkey Day tradition.
We always wondered if this sandwich really was worth getting all fired up over like Ross did (remember he was put on a leave of absence from work after yelling at his boss for eating a few bites and then throwing the rest away?), and actually — it might be. All the classic Thanksgiving flavors like sweet and tart cranberry, comforting stuffing, savory gravy, and turkey come together and are sandwiched between two slices of bread with a good amount of optional mayo. Romaine lettuce gives the sandwich some crispiness and lightness, and a bread slice soaked in gravy — the moist maker slice — in the middle is what really sets it apart.
This sandwich is quick, easy to make, and really, really delicious. Try it for yourself, straight from Friends: The Official Cookbook, and finally see why Ross was so obsessed with it. Now we can totally relate!
- 3 slices sandwich bread
2 pieces romaine lettuce
1/4 cup leftover or store-bought gravy
1/2 cup leftover turkey or deli-style turkey slices
1/4 cup canned cranberry sauce
1/4 cup leftover or store-bought cornbread stuffing
Salt and pepper
- Lay out a slice of bread. If using mayonnaise, spread an even layer over the slice of bread then top with a leaf or two of lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with half the turkey, followed by half of the stuffing.
- Pour the leftover gravy into a shallow dish. Dip a second slice of bread into the gravy and turn to coat. Top the stuffing layer with this moist maker slice.
- Add another layer of lettuce, followed by the remaining turkey and the cranberry sauce.
- Top with the rest of the stuffing and the final slice of bread.
- Use a large toothpick to hold everything together.
- Main Dishes
- 1 sandwich
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds