We all have those go-to dessert recipes that make us feel like a bit of a fraud. You know the ones — they are surprisingly easy to make but always end up being the biggest hit wherever you bring them. People beg for the recipe and ask you to teach them your ways, when in reality, the recipe is so simple and requires pretty much zero skill. For me, that recipe is these pecan praline strips. Every time I make them, they usually don't last longer than five minutes on the plate.
To make these praline strips, all you need are graham crackers, butter, brown sugar, chopped pecans, milk chocolate, and peanut butter. To start, line a baking sheet with wax paper and add as many individual graham-cracker pieces as the pan allows. Melt your butter and brown sugar on the stove, and bring to a boil for about three to four minutes. Add the chopped pecans, then spread that mixture over the graham crackers as evenly as you can. Don't worry if the mixture doesn't spread to all of the graham crackers during this step, as it will spread during baking.
Pop the graham crackers in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Once they're out of the oven, this is when the only slightly tricky step begins. You have to break apart the graham-cracker pieces and transfer them to a separate sheet of wax paper, and you have to work quickly before the baked strips harden. The easiest way to do this is by using a knife to cut along the cracker lines. You will most likely have some cracker casualties here, but that's ok!
The last step is melting your chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave and adding a general dollop to each cracker strip. Then all you have to do is let them cool before you dig in. These strips are the perfect dessert for a small party, a cozy night in, or any day that ends in "y," really. Enjoy!
When breaking up the individual graham-cracker pieces after you take them out of the oven, it's easiest to use a knife to cut along the lines of the crackers to separate them.
- 1 box graham crackers
1 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 large Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars
1-1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and add the graham crackers broken up into individual pieces.
- Melt 1 cup butter with 1 cup brown sugar. Bring to a boil until the mixture is combined, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans to the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the graham crackers, and spread evenly. Do this quickly, as the mixture will begin to harden and become hard to spread across the crackers if you let it get too cool.
- Put the graham crackers in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, break up each individual graham-cracker piece, and transfer to a separate sheet of wax paper. Spread them out enough so they aren't touching.
- Break up 1 1/2 large Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars into a bowl. Add 1-1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter and melt in the microwave, about 45 seconds.
- Take a spoon and add a dollop of the melted chocolate and peanut butter onto each graham-cracker piece.
- Let cool completely, and enjoy!
- About 55-60 cookies
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds