I have a pretty bad habit of waking up and wanting coffee immediately, but more often than not, I try to go for sparkling water instead. It feels criminal to grab a soda, no matter how healthy it seems, before noon, but hey, my taste buds are very particular. But my breakfast beverage dilemma has now been solved, thanks to Chef Matt Broussard's supereasy TikTok recipe for coffee soda.
While the drink may sound really weird at first and not at all like something that would go together, it actually looks really good when you break down what goes into it. Matt shared the recipe with his 3.2 million TikTok followers, and the combination of coffee, creamer, and bubbly soda water is deliciously satisfying. The drink also calls for warmer spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, so this drink can even be enjoyed in the chilly months as well. And to further please your taste buds, you add orange peel to top it all off. See ahead for the full recipe, and get ready to visit your go-to coffee spot a lot less.
- Vanilla syrup
1 bottle of soda water
2 shots of espresso
Espresso flaky salt
- Get your favorite mug or cup, and pour in enough vanilla syrup to cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle in some cinnamon and then a pinch of nutmeg.
- Crack open your soda water, and fill up your mug to the top with enough room for the remaining pours. If you're feeling fancy, add an ice cube in there to keep it extra chilly.
- Add 2 shots of espresso. It will become foamy at the top.
- Use a knife or hand grater to garnish with flakes from an orange peel. If you don't have a fresh orange, lemon or grapefruit zest will do the trick.
- Add about a teaspoon of creamer.
- Top it off with espresso flaky salt, which is the perfect mix of sea salt and rich espresso.
- Drink up and enjoy!
- 1 cup of coffee
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds