There's a whole lot to love about Tyler Florence other than his foolproof recipes. He's not just a chef, restaurant owner, and active Instagrammer. He's a beekeeper, winemaker, and more! These fun facts about Tyler will help you discover the Food Network star in a whole new light.
- He makes olive oil.
- One of his most popular recipes on Food Network is chicken enchiladas. Over 800 people have given it a perfect five-star rating.
- He invented a dual-sided cutting board for Williams-Sonoma that doubles as a salad bowl on one side.
- He rides a motorcycle.
- The chef revealed to GFF Mag that he's actually gluten-intolerant, so he and his family eat completely gluten-free.
- He's in the Guinness Book of World Records for "longest grilling cookout," which lasted 34 hours and 35 minutes.
Have you guys seen Gwyneth's new cook book, It's All Easy? I love it. Stunning recipes that live up to the name. Also, if you're in SF, check out her Goop MRKT Pop Up at 140 Maiden Lane in Union Square. It's in one of my favorite Frank Lloyd Wright spaces in SF. And the store is dope too. Take the loop all the way to the top to check out the kitchen. Great Job @gwynethpaltrow Welcome to San Francisco!!! @goop
- He's chummy with Gwyneth Paltrow and also is a big fan of her latest cookbook, It's All Easy.
- The Tyler Florence Test Kitchen has what may be the largest butcher block table in the world, weighing 1,400 pounds!
@thebeeranchers just set up three new hives (30,000 in total) of Italian Honey Bees at @florencefamilyfarms . We should start seeing honey by September, and if we can keep the rain coming next winter, these will produce 80 to 100 pounds each of the most delicious Mt.Tam Wildflower Honey you've ever tasted. This is the 10th hive that @tolanflorence and I have started, I think we're finally getting the hang of it. Bees are fascinating.... #Marin #California
- He and his family own a farm, appropriately called Florence Family Farms, in Corte Madera, CA, which is north of San Francisco.
- Living in the Bay Area (aka the tech capital of the world), Tyler is all about technology and gadgets, including the Apple Watch.
- Tyler owns a restaurant in downtown San Francisco called Wayfare Tavern that serves his famous fried chicken. Add a visit to your bucket list if you know what's good for you.