Part of your day should include a healthy snack. That's why we partnered with ProNamel® Strong & Bright Enamel for this easy and delicious recipe.
I never seem to be able to get anywhere on time. Even after setting the alarm earlier and earlier, there's always something that distracts my routine, pushing my entire day off-kilter. This often causes me to skip meals (especially breakfast) or not properly fuel up before a workout. No one likes having low to no energy, which is why these sweet, salty, and small bites will leave you smiling. They're beyond easy to make, filled with protein to keep you feeling full, and you can personalize them with whatever flavors you love. Start with the basic base for the balls, then coat with craveable ingredients, like coconut, sliced almonds, or even cocoa powder.
Image Source: Shutterstock
After rolling the goodies, store in the fridge for up to a week for instant snacks. Or, get ahead of yourself and pack a couple in small containers so you can power up and feel strong wherever you're going.
You can use creamy or crunchy peanut butter for these bites.
- For the bites:
- 1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the coating:
- 1 cup shredded coconut, slivered almonds, or chopped peanuts for rolling bites
- Add the oats, peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, honey, chia seeds, raisins, and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the ingredients until the dough comes together. It will be loose but clumpy.
- Cover a sheet tray with the coconut, almonds, or chopped peanuts or even a combination of all three.
- Roll the bites into golf-ball-size balls, squeezing to form together, then gently toss them on the sheet tray to coat. Press the coating as needed so it sticks.
- Line a storage container with wax paper and layer in the refrigerator. Let set for 1 hour before enjoying.
- North American
- 12 to 15 bites
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Check out more from ProNamel® Strong & Bright!