What's better than indulging in gooey, golden-crusted mozzarella sticks when dining out? Making (and enjoying them) in the comfort of your own home! Watch the video to learn how to fry up a batch of these deep-fried delights; they're even tastier than those served at the likes of T.G.I. Fridays.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
8 pieces of mozzarella string cheese
1 quart vegetable, peanut, or canola oil
- Add the flour to a shallow bowl or pie plate. In a second shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk together the eggs and milk. Mix together the Panko, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, and seasoning salts in a third shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Slice the pieces of string cheese in half lengthwise to make 16 mozzarella sticks.
- One at a time, bread the mozzarella sticks by dipping them in the flour mixture, then the egg wash, then in the bread crumbs, and then the egg wash and breadcrumbs once more for an extrathick breading. Arrange the breaded cheese sticks on a baking tray lined with wax paper and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350°F. Working with a few cheese sticks at a time, fry them until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towels. Enjoy warm with marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American
- Makes 16 mozzarella sticks