If you've been panicking over the Fireball recall in Europe, fear no more! Sure, it's still laced with propylene glycol (a component of ecigarettes and antifreeze), but we've got a homemade version that's even tastier than the original. Trust us, once you've tried this, you'll never go back to the sketchy store-bought stuff again.
Plan ahead, as this takes 7 days to infuse.
- 1 750 milliliter bottle whiskey
5 to 6 cinnamon sticks
3/4 ounce simple syrup
4 to 5 dried chilies
- Pour whiskey into a large mason jar or container with an airtight lid. Add cinnamon sticks and simple syrup. Stir gently. Cover, and let sit for 5 days in a cool, dark space.
- After 5 days, open the cinnamon-infused whiskey, and add dried red chilies. Cover, and shake a few times to mix. Store for 2 more days.
- After 7 days, strain whiskey through a cheesecloth or strainer to remove the cinnamon and chili peppers. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 to 6 months.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 750 milliliter bottle
- Total Time
- 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds