Feel free to modify the push-ups by performing them on your knees.
- Begin in a plank position with your arms straight and shoulders over your wrists.
- Keep your core engaged by pulling your belly button in toward your spine.
- Bend your elbows behind you and lower your chest to the floor. Keep your upper arms tight to your body so your elbows are against your ribs on both sides.
- Straighten your arms, coming back to plank position.
- This counts as one rep. Start by completing two reps, then perform two overhead shoulder presses.
- After performing two overhead shoulder presses, increase your reps for each exercise by two. You'll repeat this until you get to 12 reps of each, then you'll go back down the pyramid, decreasing the reps performed by increments of two until you're back performing two reps of each exercise.