Superset 1, Exercise 1: Push-Up With Side Plank
- Place both hands on the ground or a mat slightly further than shoulder-width apart. Your feet should be in line with your hands and you should be resting on the balls of your feet.
- Take an inhale as you maintain a straight back and stabilize through your abdominals. Bend your elbows and begin to lower your torso toward the floor until your arms form two 90-degree angles.
- Exhale as you push through your chest and extend your elbows to lift your body back up off the ground, returning to the starting position. Lift your right hand off the ground and extend your arm upward as you simultaneously turn your torso to face the long side of your mat. Be sure to engage your obliques (the sides of your abs) to keep your hips elevated.
- Inhale and lower your right hand back to the ground, returning to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement lifting the left hand off the ground. This counts as two reps.
- Continue to alternate between the right and left sides for a total of 10 reps (five reps per side).