Wake up to the seasonal flavors of pumpkin pie with this exceptionally creamy and perfectly spiced overnight oats recipe. The best part is that you'll enjoy this breakfast for a week because this recipe makes five jars at once, saving you time and ensuring you have a healthy breakfast waiting for you every morning.
This recipe uses an entire can of pumpkin, so you won't have to worry about part of a can being forgotten about and going bad in the back of your fridge. This recipe also contains chia and pumpkin seeds for healthy fats and fiber, as well as protein powder to increase the satiety factor. But it's the decadent flavor of these overnight oats that will really wow you!
I've made this recipe using canned pumpkin, but sweet potato also works. Mashed banana and the vanilla protein powder adds just enough sweetness, but you can also add a little maple syrup for a sweeter bowl. These jars stay fresh for five days in your fridge, so grab a spoon and enjoy!
- 3 bananas, divided (each jar gets 1/2 a banana, then split the last half in five pieces)
1 can pumpkin, divided (each jar gets about three tablespoons)
2 1/2 cup rolled oats, divided
1 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder (I used Orgain), divided (each jar gets just under one tablespoon)
5 teaspoons chia seeds, divided
3 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided (each jar gets 3/4 teaspoon)
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided (each jar gets 1/4 teaspoon)
2 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk, divided, plus 5 tablespoons, divided (I used Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond & Cashew Milk)
5 teaspoons maple syrup, divided (omit if avoiding sugar)
5 tablespoons raisins, divided (save for topping)
5 teaspoons raw pumpkin seeds, divided (save for topping)
- Add half a banana to each jar. Split the remaining half into five pieces and add those to each of the five jars. Use a fork to mash it up inside each jar.
- Divide the pumpkin evenly between the five jars.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the raisins and raw pumpkin seeds) in the order listed, and mix until creamy. Top with raisins and raw pumpkin seeds, seal the jars, and store in the fridge.
- Enjoy cold or warmed up in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
Here's the nutritional information from verywell.com for one jar without maple syrup:
Here's the nutritional information from verywell.com for one jar with maple syrup:
- 5 servings
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving