We are all about a cheesy snack, and after some serious scrolling through TikTok, it looks like we might've hit the cheesy-snack jackpot. Mayra Wendolyne, aka @lowcarblove on social media, has been sharing her recipes and diet hacks across Instagram and TikTok, and we can't get enough of how she uses her miniature waffle maker for so many different snacks. We're talking fried avocado, cauliflower hash browns, and our latest obsession, cheesy fried zucchini. The recipe is so simple and delicious, we were immediately sold after we heard the sound of that crunch! All you need are a shredded cheese blend, zucchini, and some seasoning. Here's how she makes the drool-worthy keto snack.
- Cut zucchini slices.
- Microwave the zucchini slices for one minute.
- Place the softened zucchini on a paper towel.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of cheese on the waffle maker. (She uses a Mexican blend of cheese.)
- Cut the zucchini slices in half so they fit on the waffle maker, and place them on top of the cheese.
- Season the top of the zucchini with paprika, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add more cheese on top.
- Heat in the waffle maker for 2-3 minutes.
- (Bonus points if you want to dip the crunchy treat in ranch dressing.)
While some people in the comments section of the post are saying their cheesy zucchini creations came out gooey instead of crispy like the snack above, Wendolyne said specifically that the Mexican cheese blend works great to get that crunch. She also added that she does not spray the waffle maker and shared that you can make this on the stovetop, too!