7 Handbag Trends You'll See Everywhere Next Spring
Unarguably the strangest Fashion Month that the fashion industry has ever seen has just wrapped, and in the midst of a global pandemic, designers soldiered on and gave us something to look forward to for spring/summer 2021 with some major handbag trends that make us want to fast forward through the last few months of 2020. Now, we're breaking down our favorites so you can add them to your wish list.
Practicality surfaced as a prominent theme with oversize carryalls and utilitarian water-bottle bags popping up on runways. From raffia covered to sleek leather cases, our favorite designers are reminding us to hydrate and go green! But green isn't the only color they're thinking of: bright fluorescent bags dominated the runway as highlighter accessories punctuated looks. Spring staple materials, straw and raffia took on the form of more structured picnic-basket-style straw bags and slouchy hobo styles. Street style fanny packs slung across the chest got a bit more elevated in leather, and we're excited to see the clutch is back!
Keep reading for the seven handbag trends we love for Spring 2020, or hop to your favorite below.
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Oversize Carryalls
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Utilitarian/Water-Bottle Bags
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Clutches, Not Handshakes
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Highlighter Colors
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Weave It Up! Straw, Nets, and Knits
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Cross-Chest
- Spring 2021 Bag Trend: Chunky Chains