Image Source: Getty / Stephen Lovekin / Staff
Fans (and frequent rewatchers) of Parks and Recreation can rejoice as after five years, there's a new episode to look forward to. In support of Feeding America's COVID-19 Response Fund, the cast are reuniting for a one-time-only special on NBC, which is set to air on April 30. Don't worry, all of your favorite cast members, including Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott, Rob Lowe, Jim O'Heir, and Retta, will make appearances. The reunion episode will deal with Leslie Knope trying to stay connected to her friends in a time of social distancing, and the thought of Jerry trying to join a video call is the laugh you didn't know you needed.
Getting to see Leslie and crew reunite is something 2020 has certainly owed us — after all, that's the year the show "technically" ended in — and if that wasn't enough, a few other Pawnee favorites are sure to make an appearance. (Fingers crossed the show includes Craig Middlebrooks and his yelling). Ahead of the reunion episode, here are just a few things we hope will happen:
- Leslie asking for Ben's help to set up a video call.
- Leslie and Ben's triplets disrupting the call a time (or five).
- An appearance by Burt Macklin and Janet Snakehole.
- Andy having internet issues and saying, "I typed my symptoms into the thing up here, and it says we could have network connectivity problems."
- Gary/Jerry/Larry/Terry not being able to join until the end because he doesn't know how to use a computer.
- April repeatedly putting Gary/Jerry/Larry/Terry on mute because she thinks it's fun and he doesn't realize there's nothing wrong with his computer.
- Donna live tweeting the whole thing.
- Tom having a ridiculously lavish setup as his background, only for everyone to realize it's just an image.
- Ron either calling in or not having his face visible because he doesn't trust technology.
- Leslie calling Ann a beautiful rule-breaking moth when Ann asks about mask protocol, which Leslie clearly outlined in a binder full of plans mailed weeks ago.
- Ann assuring Leslie she's not been "rule-breaking" and that she's been following the CDC guidelines before quickly adding that she loved the binder.
- Chris having an extremely hard time with everything and having a meltdown, only to disappear from view and say "the floor is my friend."
- Chris continuously running in place while Ann gives him an eye-roll from her computer as they're not in the same room together.
- Tammy crashing the gang's video call unannounced because she got the code from an image Gary/Jerry/Larry/Terry posted on social media.
- Ben showing off what he's been doing, including a completed Requiem For a Tuesday, while eating a calzone.
- Leslie struggling through a moment, and Ron suddenly popping in with the words she needs to hear.
- Andy singing a Mouse Rat song to end out the video call.
Us when the theme song starts on April 30:
Image Source: NBC via Giphy