While we've all grown to love Jack Pearson (Milo Ventimiglia) on This Is Us, we saw a whole different side of him through his relationship with his younger brother this past season. During season three, Michael Angarano won fans over with his incredible and heartbreaking portrayal of Nicky. Now, the talented star has received his first Emmy nomination for his incredible guest-role on the series. While Michael has received critical acclaim for his role on This Is Us, this certainly isn't his first brush with the spotlight. Get to know more about the charming actor ahead.
- He's 31 years old. Michael was born on Dec. 3, 1987, in Brooklyn, NY.
- He's been acting since he was a kid. Michael first got into acting when he was only 5 years old. In 2000, he had a small role in Almost Famous, but his first major film role was in 2001's Little Secrets with Evan Rachel Wood and David Gallagher. He has since starred in a variety of shows and movies, including Sky High, The Art of Getting By, I'm Dying Up Here, Will & Grace, and Mom.
- He almost played a young Anakin Skywalker. Michael was one of the final three young actors picked to play young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, but he eventually lost out to Jake Lloyd.
- He's dated a few of his costars. After meeting on the set of the film Speak, Michael began dating Kristen Stewart in 2005. They eventually split in 2009, when Kristen began dating her Twilight costar Robert Pattinson. In 2013, Michael found love on set again when he started dating his The Brass Teapot costar Juno Temple. The pair eventually split in 2016.
- He plays the violin. For the 1999 film Music of the Heart, Michael learned to play the violin.
- He shared the screen with the actor who plays present-day Nicky Pearson before. While Michael plays Nicky during flashbacks, Griffin Dunne will be playing the present-day version of the character in coming episodes. Interestingly enough, this isn't the first time the two have shared the screen together. In 2007, the two played father and son in the film Snow Angels.